craft roboing my peps

Post your question, tips, or tutorials for all Star Wars related costumes here.
dennybobbutt
First Name: dennis
Last Name: butt
TK Number: 0

craft roboing my peps

Post by dennybobbutt »

Ok folks I figure I better start a new thred I got a the pepakura designer and the proble I was having was scaling but iv been pretty successive with that ........lately lol iv scrapped a few project already when I relized they was not gonna fit not even my 3 years old but iv also purchased a craft robo paper cutter and I purchased the program for it to and I got it all to the end ready to cut and nothing any help once I get this figured out I'd totally be up for helping people out with pepakura project
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Re: craft roboing my peps

Post by judge_hellfast »

Scaling was one of the toughest things to figure out. If you need help or tips with scaling, you can give me a buzz any time. I'm excited to hear when you get your robo all set up and ready to go. The programming part is what I'm interested to know how it goes. Good luck, bro. Can't wait to see what you've got on the workbench. :D

EDIT: I just read the other thread and it looks like you got it all up and rolling. SAWEET!!!! That answered my question.

The question now is...who is going to work with some blender for us all??????
dennybobbutt

Post by dennybobbutt »

Lol yes I am still having trouble getting the registration marks to read still a lot unclear but I'm breathing and taking it slow and trying to research as much as possible and yes the scaling is a tuffy but hopefully once I get this craftrobo up I'll be able to tell with in a few hours and not a few days if its gonna work lol but I guess its trial and error with this and I'm so hoping to have something to show soon my first project is going to be iron man (mark VI) I'm hoping I could have something by time captain Americ but that's my goal that and my kids want lego armor I fig it can't be that hard and yes Chris once I get this figured out a new Hell will be unleashed for who ever can blender LOL
dennybobbutt

Post by dennybobbutt »

ok im getting there after much research and emails form silhouette and craft robo and geeksquad i finally got this thing to cut but..........its not cutting anywhere near the printed lines and its not reading the regristration marks but itw letting me cut anyways so i solved one problem and am now fixing a new (i guess i should be more spacific what i wish for ha) so now im waiting on more emails to return but if there is anyone else out there that knows any info on this craftrobo unit please chime in ............ your my only hope
judge_hellfast

Post by judge_hellfast »

There's a video floating around out there somewhere that's pretty detailed on how to set these things up. I believe the video explained the issue with the marks, etc. I'll see if I can find that vid. It might help ya out.
dennybobbutt

Post by dennybobbutt »

That would be awsome iv spent so much time getting to this point and last night when I finally got it to work it was like a slide trombon with a little disappointment tune played in my head lol but I know I'm getting closer
dennybobbutt

Post by dennybobbutt »

Holy heck set to stun I finally got this beast dialed in am about to start cutting stuff out stay tuned for pics I had to calibrate it the settings its was off I guess me or my wife or me must of messed with it a little but the craft robo is working like a champ now
judge_hellfast

Post by judge_hellfast »

dennybobbutt wrote:Holy heck set to stun I finally got this beast dialed in am about to start cutting stuff out stay tuned for pics I had to calibrate it the settings its was off I guess me or my wife or me must of messed with it a little but the craft robo is working like a champ now
Awesomeness!!!! :rockin:
dennybobbutt

Post by dennybobbutt »

Ok iv been researching a little bit I got my iron man helmet about 70% done again and relized its about the size of a motorcycle helmet so I think I got it now so I'm about tho give it another go around (3rd time) so looking it all over I'm getting more and more gitty just thinking about this I even downloaded the war machine pep file to I tought about doing what you did Chris and making him like 7 foot tall but my wife is totally against it she says its silly maybe when I do war machine but I'm super excited about this now that this craftrobo is working just need to get time in my crazy work schedule
judge_hellfast

Post by judge_hellfast »

dennybobbutt wrote:Ok iv been researching a little bit I got my iron man helmet about 70% done again and relized its about the size of a motorcycle helmet so I think I got it now so I'm about tho give it another go around (3rd time) so looking it all over I'm getting more and more gitty just thinking about this I even downloaded the war machine pep file to I tought about doing what you did Chris and making him like 7 foot tall but my wife is totally against it she says its silly maybe when I do war machine but I'm super excited about this now that this craftrobo is working just need to get time in my crazy work schedule
The scaling portion sucks big time. I went through the whole sizing and measurement system and it still didn't work as I would have liked. Of course with our animated style, it's a little difficult because our proportions are very different as well. For example, our legs are much broader and taller than the pep files. Unfortunately the way they have the files set up...it will never print out how we would like them. The best thing we can do is print them out and do some custom surgery to the pep after it has been put together. We have the same issue with the helmet as well. We we wanted to retain our squareish look for the helmet while giving it more detail. I'm approximately 50% done with our new animated helmet and it's looking top notch. It will blow our old helmet out of the water. Our Iron Man is going to take on a whole new look when we get done...more refined detail while capturing that animated look.

This past weekend I made our vac bucks for our animated butt, cod, lower back leg and also have a new improved helmet approximately 50% done. I also have an entirely new lower leg in the works and I'm approximately 20% done with that currently. We also have our new boot mold complete and have casted 2 new boots as well. I will have pics on IBOT in the upcoming months to show as well.

All I can say is...I'm tired of sanding and have plenty of it to do. LOL
dennybobbutt

Post by dennybobbutt »

Oooooooooooo Giggity I can't wait to see that beast . Well on my third go around on the helmet I think this one is gonna work I'm about 60% done on it this craftrobo saved so much time I got that much done in about 3-4 hours yesterday so its looking up. And total feel ya on the sanding part I do wood working to from time to time and yes it gets old if ya ever need help man holler at me I'm not to far away I got a shopsmith I can throw in back of truck and help out if need be
dennybobbutt

Post by dennybobbutt »

I highly recommend the craftrobo I cut out the whole back piece in 45 min and assembled it in about 4 hours on my iron man