You are invited to: Bantha BBQ 2005 (repost)

This one is a free-for-all fun forum. Keep the conversation civil though!
Administrator

You are invited to: Bantha BBQ 2005 (repost)

Post by Administrator »

Author: GsWookie
e-mail: gswookie@yahoo.com
Posted: 05-27-2005

Hey everyone. I am the Chapter Rep. for the Kansas City MO Heart of the Alliance FanForce. I have already met some of you and I look forward to meeting more of you. You are all invited to this event. Here are the details:

What: Bantha BBQ 2005
When: June 11, 2005 10 AM to 10 PM
Where: Swope Park Shelter #10
6900 Swope Memorial Drive (axpromimate location)
Kansas City, MO 64133
Here is a link to the PDF that has a map of the park: http://www.kcmo.org/parks/parks/swope_p ... endocument
The shelter is at the bottom on the right hand side. Baiscally you take 435 to Gregory Blvd.

Who: Heart of the Alliance; Rebel Legion; and 501st members, friends, and family
Park Rules:
* Sales of any kind are prohibited on park property. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on public property. Ordinance 39.390 (Sec. 26.25)
* Reserving party(ies) will be held responsible for destruction of propery. Allsigns or banners erected relating to this event must be removed.
* Although every effort will be made to maintain utilities and shelters, service is not guranteed when vandalism occurs.
* PLEASE HELP US KEEP OUR PARKS CLEAN: Place all refuse in the containers provided.
* KEEO ALL MOTORIZED VEHICLES OFF THE GRASS. USE DRIVEWAYS AS PROVIDED. IF NO DRIVEWAY IS PROVIDED, NO PASSAGE IS PERMITTED. Amenities avaible (subject to the terms above):
* Bathrooms
* Drinking Fountain * BBQ grill/pit
* Power Outlet(s)
Sign-up Sheet: Please use this thread: http://www.heartofthealliance.com/phpBB ... .php?t=268

If you haven't done so, please sign-in to our fourms at the link above to RSVP. Basically we just want to make sure we have enough food for everyone. If you have any questions feel free to email me at: info@heartofthealliance.com

Bradley Robertson
Chapter Representative, Kansas City Heart of the Alliance FanForce
Rebel Legion State Captain, KS

--
Author: TK DHeth
e-mail: dheth@dheth.com
Posted: 05-29-2005

Thanks for the invite Bradley should we bring any sidedish? Is this a costume free event or you want to get a photo shoot in.
Dave TK-565

--
Author: LukeSkiewalker
e-mail: info@heartofthealliance.com
Posted: 05-29-2005

If you could bring a side it would be great! If you copy and paste one of the links above you will be take to our forum where there is a sign-up for food. As to costumes...I leave that up to you. I be the grill master for a decent stint and I kinda feel the flowing robes of a Jedi don't mix with an open flame (of course I'm sure you Imperial may disagree ;) ). And as far as I know none of the other "Rebel Scum" in our group are going to be in costume. That being said I am not going to discourage you from wearing it. Just keep in mind we are planning of doing water balloon, squirt guns, maybe croquet, bocce, definitely Star Wars Trivial pursuit (we're bringing a TV and DVD player). I think it was Aaron that I spoke to who said that he might bring his armour but not wear it just to kind of give folks an idea of the costumes (i am not sure if that was him or not though) Anyway, if you think you'll have more fun in armour then wear it. If you would rather not wear it, that is fine too. I hope this helps

--
Author: GsWookie
e-mail: gswookie@yahoo.com
Posted: 06-12-2005

Hey thanks to all that showed up to the BBQ! I had a blast and I can't wait until next year!