My baby is gone...

This one is a free-for-all fun forum. Keep the conversation civil though!
CJ564
First Name: CJ
Last Name: Heth
TK Number: 564
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell, depending on the contract

My baby is gone...

Post by CJ564 »

I know this is very off topic and most of you might not care, but i'm going to pass it on anyways. I think it might make me feel better to share.

My cat Tika has passed on. She was only 7 years old (That's 51 in cat years I believe). She was probably my best friend in the world, maybe it's because she couldn't sass back, heh. She loved me unconditionally, and asked me for nothing more than a pat on the head and a spot in my lap (which I must honestly admit I didn't seem to give her enough of).

we're not entirely sure how she got sick, but this morning she came in and wouldn't move, at all. We took her into the vet, and the vet suggested she might have an infection, and pumped her full of antibiotics. She said that nine times out of ten, this usually makes them better. I guess Tika was the tenth. She went into anapeleptic (sp?) shock, followed by a seizure. I held her one last time before taking her in and told her that I loved her and I was sorry that I couldn't make her better.

The doctors tried to save her, but when they told me they wouldn't say she was going to be ok, I pretty much knew she wasn't going to be OK. I told her " See you later kitty bebe." Before leaving.

Two hours later, they called me to inform me she had died. When I went to go get her, the box they had placed her in still seemed warm to me. I brought her home, and prepared to bury her. Even in death, I joked. " Jesus cat. You're heavy when you're dead."

Now I'm just waiting for Dave to get here before we lay her to rest.

God speed little one.

C.J. Heth -- TK/ID 0564
Cmndr Falken
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Pierce
TK Number: 6994
Droids Owned: BB-H8

Post by Cmndr Falken »

Sorry for your loss.
Tony Pierce
Gladstone, MO
Fox517
TK Number: 0

Post by Fox517 »

I know what your going through. I've lost three cats in my lifetime (19 years) and it never gets any easier. With one I even went so far as to give him IV fluides every morning and every night for a week just so we would have a few more days to say good buy.

Sorry for your loss

Megan
CJ564

Post by CJ564 »

Thank you.

Believe it or not, this is the first cat I have lost in this manner. Usually they just run away. That's still upsetting but at least then I could comfort myself in knowing they were probably still alive.
C.J. Heth -- TK/ID 0564
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Post by judge_hellfast »

I'm sorry to hear that, CJ.
Dinadin TK-5972
First Name: Rich
Last Name: Schafer
TK Number: 5972

Post by Dinadin TK-5972 »

I am sorry to hear that, I have lost three cats and two dogs. One of the cats was 19 years old, which is amazing for an outdoor cat. The last one was Taffy, who adopted me as her own, everyday she greeted me when I got home and always slept in my chair. So I know what you must be going through. :cry:
Rich
TK-5972
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -- Edmund Burke
Schafer's Folly
CJ564

Post by CJ564 »

judge_hellfast wrote:I'm sorry to hear that, CJ.
Thanks Chris. I'm only sorry more of you didn't get to meet her. She was the most wonderful pet I had ever had. She was so sweet to everyone, though very shy, so those who have visited our house could not properly see her for what she was.
Dinadin TK-5972 wrote: everyday she greeted me when I got home and always slept in my chair. So I know what you must be going through. :cry:
Tika did that too. =(

My husband said he is going to miss her not coming to see him when he drives home. Everytime someone came home she would run up to them after they got out and put up her tail, curved at the end, then chirp (for those not educated on cats, this is a cats way of saying hello to one another). I don't think she ever realized that we were not cats or that she was not a person. We were always equals to her and she loved every one of us.
C.J. Heth -- TK/ID 0564
CJ564

Post by CJ564 »

Actually I should rephrase that.

She loved us all but Momo, her brother cat. She hated his guts. :lol:
C.J. Heth -- TK/ID 0564
DarthBarbieDoll
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Rhonda
Last Name: Brown-Jones
TK Number: 1165

Post by DarthBarbieDoll »

We had to put our 14 year old dog to sleep a couple of years ago right before Christmas. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do but she just wasn't able to keep food down and I knew that she was starting to suffer. I held her as the vet put her to sleep and told her she was a good girl. Gosh, I'm going to start crying now just typing this. :cry: But I cried for two days straight and then we got little Bentley from Petland. It was just too empty in the house without little feet on the kitchen floor and a wagging tail under my feet. So hang in there, I know how it feels. :hug:
Bravo Company, 2nd Platoon, Squad 6
CJ564

Post by CJ564 »

Awwww. I'm sorry Rhonda =(

Yeah, Dave and mom offered to get me another kitty, but I declined, for now. I don't think i'm ready for another one yet.

When I do get one, I think I will adopt this time. Tika was a breed cat ( A Bengal) and I loved her to pieces, but there are lots of free cats out there that need a good home too.

Plus, we still have Momo to keep us company. He's not as cool as Tika, but he's still cool. He's just... Less devoted XP Tomcat at heart.
C.J. Heth -- TK/ID 0564
TK-1161 Curt
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Curt
Last Name: Stanfill
TK Number: 1161

Post by TK-1161 Curt »

Sorry to hear about your loss CJ. I know how you must be feeling. Every one of the pets I have had have been a major part of our family and when you loose one, it hurts just as much. :hug:
Curt Stanfill
TK-1161 / ID-1161 / DZ-1161
Gateway Squad
70th Explorers Garrison
CJ564

Post by CJ564 »

TK-1161 Curt wrote:Sorry to hear about your loss CJ. I know how you must be feeling. Every one of the pets I have had have been a major part of our family and when you loose one, it hurts just as much. :hug:
Yeah. =(

I'm getting better from the initial shock of it all, but yeah, i'm obviously not over it yet (Which is probably expected). I took a nap because I one point I felt so upset, it made me feel as if i was going to vomit, or pass out, or both. When I woke up, I started feeling around on my legs as an instinct reaction to see where she was so I didn't roll over on her, and it took me a moment to realize she wasn't going to be there anymore. =(
C.J. Heth -- TK/ID 0564
TB-3289
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Perry
TK Number: 3289

Post by TB-3289 »

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss CJ. :cry:

Its always hard to lose a member of the family. My thoughts are with you. Now you guys have me thinking about the pets I've lost.... My last dog that died was put to sleep when I was in Basic Training for the military. I never got to say bye.

Ok, moving on before I get to sad.

:hug:
Tony
:scout: TB-3289

501st Pathfinder Detachment
North Texas Squad
Star Garrison

"Some days you feel like a nut, the rest you just get cracked like one...." :angry2:
TK5544
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Dru
Last Name: Felkins
TK Number: 5544

Post by TK5544 »

Sorry about your loss CJ I to have lost a couple dogs and a cat and fearfully a thrid dog soon, poor thing is very sick and we are having a hard time taking him in to be put down. But alas the one I will remember most is the one I had from child hood she was an amazing 15 years old had her since I was nine and one day she just decide, like 2 days after xmas, that she had enough. aparently it was some kind of doggy cancer that manifested quickly and there was nothing that could be done. So I share your loss and everyone else but alas there is hope I know a replacement isnt the same but they do help right after my dog passed we found a stray puppy not 2 weeks later needing a home to stay so maybe you too can find some comfort in providing a new kitten a home. Incendintaly it sucks lossing anything around xmas or any holiday.
Dru Felkins
TK-5544
Central Garrison
Imperial 80th Squad
"Butt Trooper"
SL-3401 wrote:and if we all be quiet, we can see Butt Trooper in his natural habitat.
such a graceful species
Fox517
TK Number: 0

Post by Fox517 »

I was wondering if you had any more pics of her. Or any funny storys that us cat people tend to collect. I woud love to hear more about her. :heh: