Galactic Academy - Missouri

News and Announcements intended to be viewed by the general public, as well as 501st, and 70th members.
Darth Gius
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer
First Name: Rich
Last Name: Heffernan
TK Number: 8294

Galactic Academy - Missouri

Post by Darth Gius »

As of Tuesday this week, Missouri officially has a The Galactic Academy school (think unit for 501st and base for RL). Brad Egberts has volunteered to be the Principal (CO) of the school. The Galactic Academy is a costuming organization for youth under the age of 18 and was founded by the co-founder of the 501st. Their mission is to bring costuming (specifically Star Wars) to youth and to make it fun! Event terms are still being working out, but it will most likely be with attending some events with the rest of the 501st and RL. Costume rules are very relaxed and from my understanding most store bought costumes are acceptable. Matt, Angela, and Gary already have shown interest in joining once we get to the point of accepting cadets.

But first thing is first....We need a name! We already have brainstormed a couple of ideas but want other peoples opinions. We are encouraged to name the school after the geography of the state, but it does not have to. We do however need to think about what kids can pronounce.

Several names have already been taken. They are:
CORUSCANT, DAGOBAH, LOTHAL, DEATH STAR, QUARZITE, TAKODANA, NELVAAN, BOTHAWUI, TYDIRIUM BASE, SCARIF, RYLOTH, ORD MANTELL, MANDALORE, YAVIN, ALDERAAN, GEONOSIS, POLIS MASSA, RISHI, TATOOINE, BESTIN, HOTH, VARYKINO, CORELLIA, NABOO, ENDOR, KAMINO, STARKILLER BASE, JAKKU, BESPIN, KASHYYYK, FELUCIA, ITHOR, MON CALAMARI, D’QAR, JEDHA, MUSTAFAR, DANTOOINE, IRIDONIA

Help us pick a name for the new Missouri Galactic Academy school! Comment a name you think is good.
Rich Heffernan
TI/IC-8294
70th Explorers Garrison Commanding Officer

Gius Maximus
Rebel Legion - Dantooine Base Commanding Officer

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/richard.heffernan.3
Galamin
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Brad
Last Name: Egberts
TK Number: 60115

Re: Galactic Academy - Missouri

Post by Galamin »

Thanks for posting that Richard! If anyone in the KC area is interested in having there kids join please let me know either here or on facebook. I am also looking for an assistant who lives in the KC area.

Qualifications for an assistant are:
- Be eighteen (18) years of age or older
- Be the parent/legal guardian of a current Cadet or current Alumni member of The Galactic Academy
- Be free from disclosed or undisclosed criminal history for any behaviors thought by society to be violent, illegal, or anti-social in nature.
- Be an active member in good standings with a Star Wars Costume Club (501st, RL, R2 Builders, ect)
TK-4484
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Andy
Last Name: Bauer
TK Number: 4484

Re: Galactic Academy - Missouri

Post by TK-4484 »

Both my boys are in it but I think Josh aged out.
Andy Bauer
TK-4484
70th Explorers