I Officially Started my Boba Fett Costume!!!

Progress reports on costumes
Grand Moff Verkessch
First Name: Eric
Last Name: Wickes
TK Number: 6720

I Officially Started my Boba Fett Costume!!!

Post by Grand Moff Verkessch »

I have officially started my boba fett costume on january 5th. Granted it was a very Minoooooote start, but hey... you hafta start somewhere right. I figure on taking about a year or two to finish it.

Right now, I have a few of the very small type detailed pieces and small prop ideas for the different items that he wears. My next move is to make the jumpsuit. I'm still trying to decide on the color of the jumpsuit. making it wont be much of a problem. My mother is a GREAT seamstress. She made my imperial costume in under a week.

But my biggest challenge is going to be the armor. I'm not quite sure how to do that. I've heard of Paint Cans, Vacuum formed armor, and a few other wierd but crazy ideas that just might work. I'm planning on making most of the costume from scratch. I'm not planning on buying all the pieces and spending a fortune on props.

I think that after I do my coveralls, everything will fall into place a lot faster and easier. I have a few really good websites - TK409's, The Dented helmet, Obi'wans jedi academy. if anyone has any more that they thought might be good to look at, just post. I would appreciate any and all help on trying to get this costume accomplished.

My biggest worry and hardest thing to get will be my helmet. There are a few types and styles out there, what to get??? I'm still researching. thank you all for your help and comments!!
Eric Wickes
ID6720 soon to be TS6720!!!!!!

70th Explorers Garrison
Imperial Officer Corps
Blizzard Force
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Post by judge_hellfast »

Your taking on a challenging costume, indeed. I would throw my two cents in here and say that Fett is probably the toughest costume out there to make. Aaron has one of the best Fett costumes I have seen and would be a good source for your questions as well.

Which Boba Fett are you looking at creating (i.e. ROTJ, ESB, Pre-PRO)

1. Armor - Use Sintra...great stuff to work with. There are some great vendors out there as well.
2. Helmet -You seek a new and improved Marrow Sun Bucket
3. Jet-pack -New and improved MLC.

I'll give you some good leads on some stuff while we are at VisionCon. See you then, bro.
Grand Moff Verkessch
First Name: Eric
Last Name: Wickes
TK Number: 6720

Post by Grand Moff Verkessch »

All right sounds good. I was thinking it was Aaron that had the costume, but wasnt for sure. I always liked a challenge!!1 heh heh...

whats MLC??
Eric Wickes
ID6720 soon to be TS6720!!!!!!

70th Explorers Garrison
Imperial Officer Corps
Blizzard Force
Dr. No
TK Number: 0

Post by Dr. No »

I don't know if you've found out yet but MLC is a propmakers initials. He does a kick arse scout helmet and a pretty nice jetpack for Fett. I think he does other stuff but I don't know what.
-Roskk-

Post by -Roskk- »