I've been shot!

This one is a free-for-all fun forum. Keep the conversation civil though!
TK5544
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Dru
Last Name: Felkins
TK Number: 5544

I've been shot!

Post by TK5544 »

Yes you read that right I have to kind of 'brag' about this tragedy to everyone. As some of you might know I am a dove hunter, well anything that cam be shot with a shot gun hunter. Anyway I was out in the sun flower fields with about 8 billion other people hunting (very crowded) at a conservation area near here. I saw a dove come in low about 6 feet up which is about the height of the sunflowers, realizing there were people beyond my shot I pulled up and did not fire, the guy across from me apparently did not care, he pulled the trigger. Needless to say I was hit as where my dad, brother-in-law to be and father-in-law to be. No blood was drawn nor did any pellets have to be surgically removed but it still got me right in the one part of my fat belly that wasnt fat right on a rib it really hurt.

I mean I have been showered with pellets before but to get hit hard enough to curse at a man it hurt, my borther in law to be has a nice bruise to prove his and my dad got it in the neck and my father in law to be got it in the temple (safety first he had his hunting glasses on thankfully) Needless to say that person wont be hunting again because not only did he shoot me and everyone else he hit his own hunting partner!!! hit him hard enough to draw blood and that got the conservation agent involved.

Any way I thought I would share my hunting adventure with everyone and kind of brag that I have been officially shot and I don't even serve in any branch of the armed services (my hats off to those guys) Anyway no real big injury just a bit of a small red spot that was sore and irritated for a couple days and a life time of stories from just a few hours of hunting with a bunch of ... well idiots.
Dru Felkins
TK-5544
Central Garrison
Imperial 80th Squad
"Butt Trooper"
SL-3401 wrote:and if we all be quiet, we can see Butt Trooper in his natural habitat.
such a graceful species
Cmndr Falken
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Pierce
TK Number: 6994
Droids Owned: BB-H8

Post by Cmndr Falken »

I told you not to go hunting with the vice president but did you believe me noooooo.
Tony Pierce
Gladstone, MO
TK1423
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Faron
Last Name: Morales
TK Number: 1423

Post by TK1423 »

Dru

I am glad you are alive!!! and please remember Commander Falken's advise!!!

Take care of yourself brother
Faron
No Worries...~...Laughter is good medicine...~...Happiness is a choice

Faron Morales
tk1423
70th Explorers Garrison
Star Garrison (honorary)
TD_2674
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Adam
Last Name: McDonnell
TK Number: 2674

Post by TD_2674 »

Ouch that sounds like it hurt. Did you tell that guy that he was messing with a member of the imperial army? That would have scared him a bit :lol: :lol: :lol:
Adam McDonnell
TD-2674
70th Explorers Garrison
501st Legion
TK5544
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by TK5544 »

Not to sound like a bigot or racist but the man was a korean and I am not joking about that he was an out of state hunter with a non resident license and he was shooting at any thing with wings and apparently he was shooting at anything that moved. But the conservation agent told us that any incedent is an automatic fine and a a loss of hunting license for 1 year min. so needless to say he wont be hunting the rest of this season at least and I jokingly said that he was a north korean and he was here as a pre invasion of the US heh. but no it was just a flesh wound so to speak and no harm was done just a bit of a sting and a lot of cussing about it but I still like to 'brag' that I have officially been shot heh.
Dru Felkins
TK-5544
Central Garrison
Imperial 80th Squad
"Butt Trooper"
SL-3401 wrote:and if we all be quiet, we can see Butt Trooper in his natural habitat.
such a graceful species
Cmndr Falken
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
Last Name: Pierce
TK Number: 6994
Droids Owned: BB-H8

Post by Cmndr Falken »

I personally would have taken the gun from the guys hands and thumped him over the head with it for being a moron.

Just be thankful you were weren't dear hunting I guess. Guys like that give hunters a bad reputation. I myself am not a hunter but love game meat. I think hunting is a necessary thing (nobody wants to see another car destroyed or family killed because the deer population was too high). Guys like that give hunting a bad reputation. Come on gun safety isn't that hard.
Tony Pierce
Gladstone, MO
mrivorey
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Moody
Droids Owned: R2-D2

Post by mrivorey »

Holy smokes Dru!! I think I'd have had a hard time not shooting back!

Glad you're okay.
Chris Moody, TK-394
Garrison Web Liaison / Webmaster
https://www.facebook.com/cmmoody
TK-1161 Curt
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Curt
Last Name: Stanfill
TK Number: 1161

Post by TK-1161 Curt »

Glad to hear your not hurt. :)
Curt Stanfill
TK-1161 / ID-1161 / DZ-1161
Gateway Squad
70th Explorers Garrison
TK5544
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by TK5544 »

Truthfully I went thru a 3 day course from the missouri conservation department which amounts to nothing took a test had to get like a 70 I got 100 of course heh. But thats all it takes to carry a fire arm and start blowing away animals with weapons that can seriously hurt people. I am not much into the deer hunting thing I just recently purchased a rifle this year so this will be my first year hunting deer. I have been hunting dove and quail since I was 12 so 14 years of shot gun hunting. It doesnt take much to get a hunting license and unfortuantly it takes even less to buy a gun. Because of that alot of people that have a gun use it for killing people and that is what leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths about hunters and gun owners in general. thats kind of my soap box on that issue. I hunt for the joy of hunting and I eat what I kill so I am not a wasteful hunter or poacher the people that do that make me sick and yes I did want to beat the crap out of that guy but the 'law' took care of it for me.
Dru Felkins
TK-5544
Central Garrison
Imperial 80th Squad
"Butt Trooper"
such a graceful species
TK2774
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Brill
TK Number: 2774

Post by TK2774 »

Didn't we just talk about you going hunting at the Weird Al Concert? Well, glad to see your okay and that your protective butts gravity helped save you.
Robert Brill
TK/TI/TR/TB/ID 2774
501st Legion
360 Gamertag: Brill TK2774
"It is not the costumes that make us great, but us that make great costumes."
TB-3289
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
Last Name: Perry
TK Number: 3289

Post by TB-3289 »

Glad to hear your not seriously hurt.

At least we know he wasn't a TK since he actually hit something though!! :lol:
Tony
:scout: TB-3289

501st Pathfinder Detachment
North Texas Squad
Star Garrison

"Some days you feel like a nut, the rest you just get cracked like one...." :angry2:
TK 1115
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Johnston
Last Name: Lutton
TK Number: 1115

Post by TK 1115 »

Glad you didn't get hurt too badly.

People are idiots. When I was stationed at Ft. Hood, oh so many years ago, we had two drunk hunters shoot one of our tanks with a shot gun as it drove by. Blew the bumper numbers right off it.

The MPs had a lot of fun chasing those two down.
Johnston
TK 1115

"I'll draw skulls on it!"
Grand Moff Verkessch
First Name: Eric
Last Name: Wickes
TK Number: 6720

Post by Grand Moff Verkessch »

Cmndr Falken wrote:I personally would have taken the gun from the guys hands and thumped him over the head with it for being a moron.

Just be thankful you were weren't dear hunting I guess. Guys like that give hunters a bad reputation. I myself am not a hunter but love game meat. I think hunting is a necessary thing (nobody wants to see another car destroyed or family killed because the deer population was too high). Guys like that give hunting a bad reputation. Come on gun safety isn't that hard.
Hmmmmmmmmm What kind of hunting do you do... ... I'm hoping you arent married or that your wife doesnt ever read these posts.... LOL ha ha ha
just thought i would point that out..

anyway, Dru Dru Dru Dru Dru Dru Dru , You a lucky man... did you go buy a lottery ticket the next day :D
seriously though good to hear that you are still among the living... not necessarily the smart and living... but just the living. 8)
Eric Wickes
ID6720 soon to be TS6720!!!!!!

70th Explorers Garrison
Imperial Officer Corps
Blizzard Force