Stargate Atlantis

This one is a free-for-all fun forum. Keep the conversation civil though!
TX8633
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Todd
Last Name: Evans
TK Number: 8633

Stargate Atlantis

Post by TX8633 »

:( Well, lets tip our hats to the end of a great show. I've enjoyed watching their adventures for years and it has come to an end. Hopefully, they'll get together for the occasional movie. :cry:

:( "sniff, sniff" :cry:
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
- Albert Einstein

Todd Evans
Ozark, Missouri

501st Legion -
70th Garrison -
Squad 66 -
TK-1161 Curt
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Curt
Last Name: Stanfill
TK Number: 1161

Re: Stargate Atlantis

Post by TK-1161 Curt »

It does suck to see it go but at least we have this...

SCI FI Greenlights Stargate Atlantis Movie
Source: SCI FI Channel August 22, 2008

Building upon the successful "Stargate" franchise, SCI FI Channel today announced it has greenlit a two-hour movie based on the hit science fiction adventure series "Stargate Atlantis." SCI FI will have the exclusive worldwide television premiere of the yet to be titled "Stargate Atlantis" film, which will then be released on DVD by MGM. The movie will be written by "Stargate Atlantis'" executive producers Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie, who also serve as series showrunners. The movie is set to follow the fifth and final season of "Stargate Atlantis," as it draws to its thrilling conclusion in January 2009.

"We're excited to tell 'Atlantis' stories on a bigger canvas. The successes of the two original 'Stargate' DTV movies 'The Ark of Truth' and 'Continuum' have shown us the opportunities that the movie format offers. We have plans for both 'SG-1' and 'Atlantis' to remain vital as we expand the franchise," said Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper, co-creators of "Stargate SG-1" and "Stargate Atlantis" and who both currently serve as executive producers on "Atlantis."

"We share in the producers' enthusiasm to move forward in this direction and we look forward to a strong and continued relationship on 'Stargate Atlantis' in this new format," said Thomas Vitale, Senior Vice President Programming & Original Movies.

"Stargate Atlantis" follows the adventures of an intrepid team of military and civilian explorers who travel the distant Pegasus galaxy by means of a Stargate, a portal created long ago by a highly advanced alien civilization called the Ancients. In their never-ending quest to seek out other technologies left behind by the Ancients, the Atlantis team encounters alien cultures some friend, some foe.

The series will reach a milestone with the 100th episode airing in January 2009. "Atlantis" is executive produced by Brad Wright, Robert C. Cooper, Joseph Mallozzi, Paul Mullie, Carl Binder, and Martin Gero. Mallozzi and Mullie share the reins as showrunners.

And the new show "Stargate Universe" will start up in the summer of 2009. :)
Curt Stanfill
TK-1161 / ID-1161 / DZ-1161
Gateway Squad
70th Explorers Garrison
darth_runya
First Name: Christina
Last Name: Person
TK Number: 2629

Post by darth_runya »

I think it had promise to be a great show, but it seems to me the last two seasons were a let down. How many times do the same people have to be kidnapped before they get the hint? Seems to me that the writers got bored or something.

I really like it the first two seasons and never missed a show, but this last season? meh... now I just wait for Sanctuary to come on.
Christina
ID 2629
Dwootan
Garrison Captain of the Guard
First Name: Dave
Last Name: Wootan
TK Number: 9668

Post by Dwootan »

I've been a Stargate fan since 1995. I enjoy SGA, but I have to agree the last seasons aren't as good as first three seasons. I heard that several people stopped watching when Dr Weir and Dr Beckett were replaced. The same thing happened in SG-1 during the replacements of Dr Jackson, Gen Hammond, and Gen O'Neill.

If you have been waiting for the video game "Stargate Worlds," I hear it might not be released. Mainly, becuase Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment hasn't been able to pay it's employees for the last month. It was planned to release the game in early 2009 with an SGA expansion to follow.

Anyway, SGA will be missed. It looks like my Friday nights will have more time freed to focus on prop making...
Dave "Hot Dog" Wootan
AR - 9668
Firehawk Squad

In umbris potestas est