Rank badge help (repost)

Post your question, tips, or tutorials for all Star Wars related costumes here.
Administrator

Rank badge help (repost)

Post by Administrator »

Author: chrisw10
e-mail: chrisw@ksu.edu
Posted: 05-02-2005

I'm trying to get an officer's uniform into shape for the Episode 3 premiere at the Pallazo in KC. Do any of you have any idea what the best way is to remove dried superglue? I accidentally dropped my rank badge onto concrete and a few of the red plexiglass squares broke off of it. And I want to get rid of the dried superglue before I can reattach them so they won't stick out at funny angles. :)

--
Author: Judge_Hellfast
e-mail: judge_hellfast2003@yahoo.com

Here is something you might be interested in:
http://www.taxidermy.com/cat/16/zap.html
Look at Z-7 Debonder. You should test this stuff on something before applying it right away to your project. By the way, I see that you are from Manhattan, there are a whole slew of trooping gigs taking place in Topeka if you're interested. Here are some of the dates -May 5th, 7th, 18th, 19th and more to follow. The drive from Manhattan to KC must be a long one. Hope this helps.
Chris TK4293

--

I'm actually from farther away, on the other side of Salina. I just go to school here. :) The costume won't be ready until the premiere I'm afraid. Otherwise I'd be in for any of those that fall on a weekend.
Chris

--

Keep me and Aaron posted on the progress of your costume. If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask. I will also keep you up to speed on any events that will be coming up in Topeka. If you would like to email me directly, my email is judge_hellfast2003@yahoo.com. We would love to have ya join us trooping.
Chris (judge_hellfast) TK4293

--

Well, since you said that so nicely... :) My costume is a shade of light grey, and I noticed after I had it tailored that all of the costumes in the films are either dark grey, black, or drab olive green. I'm such a newbie to this, I haven't the first idea of what I should do to dye mine dark grey, or if I should even dye it at all... Any tips?

--

If you are thinking about doing any alterations in color schemes to your uniform, it would be wise to experiment with SCRAP pieces of material first. You don't want to make any mistake with this as this can become permanent. Also, there are some imperial officers who do have a light grey shade to their uniforms. Check this pic:
http://www.midwestgarrison.com/midwestg ... 9990_f.jpg