10th Anniversary of "Star Wars The Phantom Menace"

This one is a free-for-all fun forum. Keep the conversation civil though!
darthslick
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Garrison
TK Number: 8099

10th Anniversary of "Star Wars The Phantom Menace"

Post by darthslick »

!!!WARNING!!
SL8099 throws out his true feelings about "Star Wars The Phantom Menace"
"So I apologize if I I'm speaking badly about an introduction of a character or the killing of one, acting, George Lucas, so on and so forth. I understand it is not my story but George Lucas' story. This is only an opinion."

I can remember standing in line at the theater waiting for the release of the film at midnight on May 19, 1999. That would be the first time I would start dressing up for "Star Wars" events. "The Phantom Menace" came out almost 16 years after the release of the last film in the series, "Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi." The release was accompanied by extensive media coverage and great anticipation. Despite mixed reviews by critics and fans, ( such things as poor characters like Jar Jar Binks, lousy acting done by Jake Lloyd and killing off good characters like Jedi, Master Qui-Gon Jinn and Darth Maul) it grossed $924.3 million worldwide, making it the highest-grossing film of the entire "Star Wars" saga. "Star Wars Episode 1" was consider to be an "equal opportunity movie". Lucas had to put in a geeky alien into his script to replace the humor of C3P0 and relied way to much on cgi effects that in return destroyed his original art or maybe the vision we grew to love as kids in the late 70's and early 80's. Some feel he should have taken his work more serious because the rest of the world took seriously. I heard someone say and I quote "What he did to his movie was similar to taking a diamond and rubbing it in a mound of dog crap." end of quote. In reality... the hype and anticipation of this movie saved it cause if Lucas had released this in 1977 there may have not been any more Star Wars movies. But as a father now... my daughter watches these movies in order the way Lucas wanted them to be watched. The Ewoks, Jar Jar Binks and the Clone Wars cartoon were created for her and millions of other children. It makes her happy and it makes me happy. So it's bitter sweet for me having to watch "The Phantom Menace" again tonight in honor of it 10th Anniversary .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6hOlI9cg4o

Ok... it's open for Crusufiction time! LOL
May The Force be With You