My Boba progress

Progress reports on costumes
Wes
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
TK Number: 0

My Boba progress

Post by Wes »

Here's what I have so far. Just a few more parts and it'll be ready to go.
I need new wookie braids, shin tools, blaster, gaunts and helmet. Oh yeah, it needs weathering, I know. The vest turned under at the bottom before the pic was taken. It's hard doing this by yourself. The back of the vest wasn't fastened either. You'd figure with opposible thumbs, we could at least reach around behind our backs.

armor: FP
jumpsuit: my mom (DON'T LAUGH!)
spats: batninja
vest: batninja
belt: batninja
neckseal: TK409
pouches: me
boots: me
gloves: The Real Gloves

Wes
DarthBarbieDoll
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Rhonda
Last Name: Brown-Jones
TK Number: 1165

Post by DarthBarbieDoll »

That looks really nice! :) Great job on everything, especially the nice jumpsuit sewn by your mom. Is she a Star Wars fan too? Or just a good mom helping out? I think most of us have parents that help feed our addiction to Star Wars. My Dad waited in line to get tickets to The Phantom Menace for me when they went on sale during Star Wars Celebration I in Denver and I wasn't here in town to get them. He's a great Dad. :) And my Mom always picks up Star Wars stuff for me that she sees on sale too.
Bravo Company, 2nd Platoon, Squad 6
Wes
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by Wes »

It's just mom being a good mom. She doesn't pick up SW stuff for me though. They live in the country and it's about an hour to the nearest Wal-Mart.
I'm in the process of Jango 3.0. I just got a new helmet and I'm re-doing the chest armor and vest. That and I'm starting Boushh for my wife. PLUS my super-duper top secret Dragon Con costume. Many, many irons in the fire at once.

Wes
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Post by judge_hellfast »

Awesome job! It's coming together great! Your mom did a fantastic job on the jumpsuit and deserves a big pat on the back as well. I can't wait to see the end results. Keep up the good work, bro.

Did you do the paint job as well?
Wes
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by Wes »

Yeah, I did the paint job. I used Krylon spruce green, Rust-o-leum farm equipment yellow and Wal-Mart brand silver. I used masking fluid to do the weathering in layers instead of topical.

Wes