Just a thought

Post your question, tips, or tutorials for all Star Wars related costumes here.
UseTheForce
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Jen
Last Name: K
TK Number: 2293

Just a thought

Post by UseTheForce »

I was wondering since plastic is up there in prices, could you possibly cut open a big huge soda carton heat it up and vacum form it in to armor? All you have to do then is paint it. I don't know, just one of my crazy ideas, wanted to see what you all had to say. Peace out we are getting some heavy weather over here.

<3Jen
(Troopy)
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Post by judge_hellfast »

Actually, some of the mando builders use trash cans to build some of their armor. Surprisingling enough, it works great!!
UseTheForce
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison

Post by UseTheForce »

judge_hellfast wrote:Actually, some of the mando builders use trash cans to build some of their armor. Surprisingling enough, it works great!!
I never thought of trash cans. Now are they using the metal ones or the plastic ones? I heard both work fine. What I am trying to figure out is how hot they get they get the oven to melt/soften the plastic ones. Cause the plastic on those things are pretty tuff. I think I might need a tutorial on how to do that lol.

<3Jen
(Troopy)
TK-1161 Curt
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Curt
Last Name: Stanfill
TK Number: 1161

Post by TK-1161 Curt »

I have seen the Mando parts made out of plastic trash cans. They use a oval shaped one and use the stright and curved sides. Looks great when it is done right. :)
Curt Stanfill
TK-1161 / ID-1161 / DZ-1161
Gateway Squad
70th Explorers Garrison
Dr. No
TK Number: 0

Post by Dr. No »

Yeah with the trash can armor it usually already at the right curve for the armor but if any modding is needed you can do it with a heat gun, hairdryer, or a boiling pot of water.
Every Stormtrooper is just one abs glue mistake away from a Sandtrooper
UseTheForce
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison

Post by UseTheForce »

Dr. No wrote:Yeah with the trash can armor it usually already at the right curve for the armor but if any modding is needed you can do it with a heat gun, hairdryer, or a boiling pot of water.
Do they have a tutorial on how to make trash can armor? I haven't seen any Mando armor before. When I type it into the google thing it comes up with Star Wars chat sites about video games they play. :?
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Post by judge_hellfast »

Take a look over at www.thedentedhelmet.com. Click on the forum and do a search for trash can armor. Hope that helps ya.
UseTheForce
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison

Post by UseTheForce »

judge_hellfast wrote:Take a look over at www.thedentedhelmet.com. Click on the forum and do a search for trash can armor. Hope that helps ya.
Shweet thanks so much Chris, all of you guys thanks a bunch! THeres just one problem :( is there a trash can that can be molded into a helmet lol. Also I might need some help on the templets, like where to get them, or if I have to draw them. Thank you all though soo much, its been a great help to me, theres just a couple of problems I need to solve lol.

<3Jen
(Troopy)
Dr. No
TK Number: 0

Post by Dr. No »

yeah on the dentedhelmet I think WizardofFlight has helmet and armor templates on there somewhere. and for the bucket scratch built ones are normaly a mixture of sintra, bondo, and styrene. I'm shure a trash can could take the place of some of the styrene and sintra but I haven't personaly seen one. just search around there and if you can't find it ask about it :D
Every Stormtrooper is just one abs glue mistake away from a Sandtrooper