TX Advice and costume help

Post your question, tips, or tutorials for all Star Wars related costumes here.
Rudy25
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Rudra
Last Name: Dixit

TX Advice and costume help

Post by Rudy25 »

Hi everyone,

I've been a huge Star Wars fan and nerd for so many years and I've been interested in joining the 501st legion for a long time as I'm very interested in helping out the community and giving back to it. I'm from Olathe, KS and I feel ready now to try to build a costume and truly get involved with the organization. I'm really excited and motivated to begin the process of building and creating my costume. I am interested in building a death trooper version 1 costume. While the whole process is fascinating, I'm very intimidated by the whole process of achieving this as I don't have any idea at all even where to start.

Any advice on where to start or how to go about building the costume would be appreciated please as I am very inexperienced with anything building required or costume-related. I am willing to also purchase any parts if necessary to simplify the process but would preferably acquire the parts and put them together. Thanks for your time and hope to connect with many of you soon.

Thanks,
Rudy
bishopdonmiguel
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Don
Last Name: Bishop
TK Number: 21393

Re: TX Advice and costume help

Post by bishopdonmiguel »

Welcome.

Not much activity happens on these forums. Probably better off using our local KC Facebook group “The Kansas City Area Star Wars Alliance.”

Since you mention “Version 1,” I assume you’ve seen the 501st CRL

As for questions regarding a specific costume, each will have a detachment that can be very helpful for getting new builders on the path to success. Recommend you join Special Operations.

Good luck!