Problem...i need suggestions!

This one is a free-for-all fun forum. Keep the conversation civil though!
TD_2674
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member
First Name: Adam
Last Name: McDonnell
TK Number: 2674

Problem...i need suggestions!

Post by TD_2674 »

So here's the situation. I've ordered a screen accurate backpack from a trooper from his website at http://td8733.com. This has been about 2 weeks ago and I still haven't heard from him. I've e-mailed him a number of times to see what is going on and how long it will take. He still hasn't replied. I figured that my e-mails might have been going to his junk mail so i Pm'd him on the 501st forums. What should i do so i don't get ripped off? How long should I give him? If you have any advice at all that would be great!
Adam McDonnell
TD-2674
70th Explorers Garrison
501st Legion
TK1423
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Faron
Last Name: Morales
TK Number: 1423

Post by TK1423 »

TD-2674

The month of May is very business for most of us, since CIV is going on. If some of us has kids, it is the end of the school year and/or graduation. He might be busy with all this, give him two more weeks, than post on the 501st forum that you might have a bad deal on the "beware" post or contact his CO that usually gets things moving.

It is sad that one of the 501st members made to wait eight months before getting his biker scout helmet, but he post his bad deal on "beware" post; then all of the sudden the helmet/bucket arrived next day delivery.

Give TD-8733 some time, all the members of the Legion have a life outside of it and some of us ship things very fast and others take their time to so. Be patience and if you do not get it in a reasonable time, you will know next time to buy from another member.

Please post here when you receive your item, I like to know how long it takes and his excuse for the delay.

I hope I have helped you in any way

take care my friend
Faron
No Worries...~...Laughter is good medicine...~...Happiness is a choice

Faron Morales
tk1423
70th Explorers Garrison
Star Garrison (honorary)
judge_hellfast
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Haze
TK Number: 4293

Post by judge_hellfast »

This is a difficult time for all prop makers because of the huge amount of requests from people gearing up for CIV and other events. As a buyer, you are caught in a catch 22 because you want your item, but you don't want to piss the maker off from selling you anymore of their products.

This is one of the problems we have dealt with over at CT.N and have solved it for the most part. No seller will post anything to sell unless they have product in hand and ready to ship.

I would give this guy another week to respond to your email. I'm willing to bet this guy went to CIV and will no doubt be exhausted when he returns and may not even get to his email by then, but we hope he does.

After a week, if he hasn't responded, a suggestion might be to contact his garrison CO and see if they have a phone number for him so you can call him and follow-up with your order. I'm willing to bet this guy has a legite reason for not returning your mail, but it is good to always follow-up to make certain.
TD_2674
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by TD_2674 »

thanks for the tips! :)
Adam McDonnell
TD-2674
70th Explorers Garrison
501st Legion
TK-1161 Curt
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Curt
Last Name: Stanfill
TK Number: 1161

Post by TK-1161 Curt »

Like everyone has said, give him a bit more time. C IV has taken a bunch of time from me so I can guess it has done that to others as well. Most of the people you deal with that are 501st members will try thier best to keep you happy and help another trooper out. Keep us informed of the progress on this.
Curt Stanfill
TK-1161 / ID-1161 / DZ-1161
Gateway Squad
70th Explorers Garrison
TD_2674
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by TD_2674 »

you all were right...he just got back from CIV and he is now responding! thanks for the advice.
Adam McDonnell
TD-2674
70th Explorers Garrison
501st Legion
TD_2674
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by TD_2674 »

just so you all know this problem finally got solved thanks to Noah Penrod TD-8978 and Ral Wheeler TD-488. This should have taken maybe 1 and a half months at the most but it ended up taking from the first week of may to the 18th of August. I just wanted to warn everybody from buying from Brian Ross until you talk to him to confirm that you backpack is actually made. It ended up being a great looking backpack and i like it a lot but it just took a lot of arm twisting for this to actually happen. His website is http://td8733.com/ScreenPack.html.
Adam McDonnell
TD-2674
70th Explorers Garrison
501st Legion
TK-1161 Curt
70th Explorers Garrison
70th Explorers Garrison
First Name: Curt
Last Name: Stanfill
TK Number: 1161

Post by TK-1161 Curt »

Just keep in mind that there are some rules you should follow when you are going to buy anything over the internet.

1. Make sure you have plenty of conversations with whomever you are dealing with. It doesn't hurt to get a phone number from them as well in case you have any questions or concerns. A person should be willing to give that to you if they are not trying to rip people off.

2. Use a credit card to pay for the item. If you use PayPal, make sure that it is connected to a credit card as well. If you have a problem, I think you have 30 days to have PayPal get your money back. If it's over 30 days, then your credit card company will get the money back. Most of the time, if you file a complaint with PayPal to get your money back, when the seller finds out you did that, that will be contacting you in a hurry. :)

3. Make sure the item you are buying is available when you pay for it. If it is going to be awhile or not ready yet, see if you can work out a deal with the seller to give them a downpayment. Then you can send the rest of the funds when it is ready to ship.

4. Always ask if they will insure your item and get a tracking number when it ships. It may cost you more for shipping but it can be money well spent. Tracking numbers help both parties. It lets you know when it has shipped and it lets the seller know when you get it.

It's all about communication. The more you have, the better the deal will go. I have been doing these things for years and have not been burned yet. :)
Curt Stanfill
TK-1161 / ID-1161 / DZ-1161
Gateway Squad
70th Explorers Garrison
TD_2674
501st Legion Member
501st Legion Member

Post by TD_2674 »

Thats the thing. i tried to communicate with the guy but the thing was is that he never wanted to talk to me. Oh well i'm just glad it is over.
Adam McDonnell
TD-2674
70th Explorers Garrison
501st Legion